Five Emerging Technology Companies Selected to Participate in the 4th RTPark Startup Acceleratorand Demo Day
The Research and Technology Park (RTPark) has selected five startups to participate in Cohort 4 of its accelerator program, designed for early-stage tech enabled businesses. The RTPark’s accelerator program, Accelerate VI offers mentorship, guidance, advisory support, access to capital, and an assortment of startup perks to budding enterprises. Each Accelerate VI cohort ends with a Demo Day. Demo Day is an opportunity for each startup to pitch to the community and potential partners. This year, it will take place virtually on Nov 21, 2022 at 6pm AST. Anyone can RSVP to attend this year’s virtual Demo Day. Click here to register (https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_disUee4AQx-uNceuREQUHQ).
The participants for Cohort 4 were selected from dozens of applicants from across the US and Caribbean nations. “The 4th Accelerate VI cohort has an exciting founder group, with founders reigning from St. Croix, St. Thomas, and Chicago. Equally as exciting is the diversity of startup ideas, ranging from marketplace platforms, technology-enabled escape rooms, and even a crypto-based crowdfunding platform,” said Alfonso Rodriguez, Accelerate VI, Operational Manager.
The selected startups include:
- CroFundsMe - CroFundsMe is the first crypto crowdfunding platform built on the cronos blockchain. CroFundsMe offers refundable and non-refundable donations, and equity through its platform. Donors can receive an NFT immediately after donating. We seek to be the leading crowdfunding platform in web3.
- Mappit - Mappit is a Geographic Information System (GIS) company that uses innovative mapping technologies to create, analyze, and discover data. Mappit uses ArcGIS mapping software and aerial photography to provide environmental data analysis for planning and management decisions. Mappit can assist multiple local government agencies in mapping their resources, properties, and other environmental data across the territory.
- Oseanna - Oseanna is a two-sided marketplace connecting charter companies and boaters seeking a day on the sea. For charter companies, it streamlines the booking process and offers a central place to confirm reservations, manage reservations, and collect payment. It is a great platform for boaters because they can explore their options, determine what fits within their budget, and book instantly from anywhere in the world.
- Spotivity - Spotivity is a university informed double-sided marketplace that connects teen youth to out-of-school-time (OST) activities that promote positive development and create actionable pathways to college and careers, while also offering OST providers and schools a robust back-end SaaS platform to streamline program administration.
- The Tropical Treasure Hunt - The Tropical Treasure Hunt is an outdoor escape room type of adventure where you explore local attractions and businesses while searching for the buried treasure! Participants can hunt for treasure and solve clues using augmented reality technology while exploring top destinations and attractions.
Accelerate VI is the flagship startup incubator of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The program has seen tremendous growth in its 4 years. Accelerate VI portfolio companies have gone on to secure deals on SharkTank, raise millions in investment capital, and most recently win $100,000 in the inaugural USVI Startup Battle Pitch Competition. With a commitment to being a catalyst for inclusive innovation, the program seeks to inspire and empower entrepreneurs in the Caribbean and beyond.
“With this 4th cohort, the Accelerate VI program has supported over 25 technology startups in a span of 4 years. As a native of St. Croix, I am most proud of the positive impact the Accelerate VI program has had on local technology startups, given that most of the Accelerate VI startups are founded by native Virgin Islanders,” said Rodriguez.
The RTPark, which is an independent affiliate of the University of the Virgin Islands (UVI), was founded in 2002 as an economic development organization operating under a legislative mandate and policy guidance from UVI, the only Historically Black College or University (HBCU) in the Caribbean. Serving as the Territory’s center for technology and knowledge-based businesses, the RTPark empowers companies to integrate and contribute directly to local education, workforce development and skills enhancement. The 2019 launch of Accelerate VI is just one of the RTPark’s latest initiatives to attract and integrate new businesses into the fabric of the Territory.
To learn more about the RTPark or Accelerate VI, please visit uvirtpark.net and acceleratevi.com and respectively.
For media and partnership inquiries or interview requests, please contact the RTPark’s Senior Manager of Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager Sydney Paul at email@example.com.